Thursday, September 18, 2014

I've turned into...my teachers?

When I was in preschool I was only half-day like all my students right now. Up until that point I had basically stayed home with my mom or been taken care of by one of my Aunts. So it was a pretty big deal when, one day, my mom was trying to tell me something and I replied "But Miss Anne said.....!"  My mom said she had to pause for a moment to take in what had just happened. It was a turning point. I had stepped out in to the rest of the world and she wasn't necessarily a part of it.

I hate to say it, but I think I reached that point with one of my students today. C came in with her hair down and slightly messy. Luckily she had a ponytail left over from yesterday and asked if I could put it in for her.

"Do you want a pony on top like you had yesterday, or one in the back like me?" I asked

"Like you!" She burst out, grinning up at me. I couldn't help but laugh a bit as I pulled her hair back into a slightly messy ponytail. Weirdly enough it's easier to put one in my own hair than someone elses! "How's that?"

"Good!" C answered, bouncing around before going off to work.

Now I can't say that mom or dad will notice, but I have a feeling that the words "Teacher Alex said...." can't be too far behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment