Saturday, August 24, 2013

Local Tour

So Hong Kong may be in that warm tropical place of the world, but I have to say that I've seen very little of the sun since I got here, this picture is much more typical:

Gray day in South Horizons

I'm sure it's partially the season, right now is the time for typhoons, and probably it's all in the best for me since I'd be dying even more from the heat if it was not only this hot but sunny as well. Now don't get me wrong, the sun has come out on occasions, such as this time (can you see the little itty bit of blue sky?):

Appreciating HK island from the Kowloon side

This was during a wonderful tour given to me by a local couple who knows some friends of mine back home (thank you Kalia!). They not only gave me great instructions on where to meet them (so helpful when you're new to the area) but took me out for a my first dim sum, took me on the Star Ferry, did a littlewalking tour of the Kowloon area, and helped hook me up with a cheap phone. It was a so nice to have a couple of tour guides who had spent so much time in the area. Now I'm all set up with not only a phone, but some great hiking areas to explore when it gets cooler!

Happy travels of your own!

Small shrine/offerings at the Bus stations garage


No comments:

Post a Comment