Sunday, November 3, 2013

Montessori Sunday: The Mixed Age Structure

Instead of featuring a Montessori material this week I want to focus a bit more on some of the intangible aspects of a Montessori classroom. I've talked a lot in my posts about how we have a mix of ages in our classroom, and even a little bit about why this. I was reading through articles on some other blogs I follow and this one article from Montessori on the Double struck me as a great example of this aspect of classroom structure. I promise if I had the time/opportunity to just sit and observe in our classroom at school I could write something similar, I know the same type of experience is going on for some of our younger children but I haven't found the time to just sit and observe so closely yet. Maybe I'll make that one of my goals for the upcoming week.

Enjoy!


http://montessorionthedouble.com/2013/11/02/what-its-like-being-the-youngest-child-in-a-montessori-class/


No comments:

Post a Comment