Friday, August 8, 2014

History was made today

Or maybe re-made?

Today I got to witness a 're-enactment' of the story of Paul Revere. I have no clue how it started. I was watching the elementary students at recess and the next thing I know a bunch of them are running around shouting "The Bristish are coming! The British are coming!". I can't say how historically accurate their rendition was. At one point there was a queen and princess who were being abducted by the Americans (pretty sure that didn't happen), not to mention multiple escape attempts by said queen and princess that ended up with one of them being raised from the dead (I KNOW that didn't happen).

However the British did lose....but for some reason the American's were the ones drinking tea....I might have to suggest revisiting that topic to their teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment